Want to volunteer with WCADA?
- Applicants will be required to complete a registration form and return it to the volunteer coordinator. Twice a year the volunteer coordinator will invite all considered applicants in for an interview as the first part of the selection process.
- Applicants who have been successful in the interview will receive a letter informing them of the commencement of the volunteer training programme. Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks will then be undertaken.
- The volunteer training programme consists of a series of training modules. Before any placement is considered applicants will be required to attend the first three introductory modules. Once these are completed consideration will then be given to providing an indirect volunteering placement within our organisation such as supporting an activity.
- Further modules are then required to be undertaken for those wishing to progress to increased levels of responsibility within the agency and will be provided in line with developmental need and candidate suitability. These modules can be categorised into mandatory and optional requirements.
- When volunteers have received the appropriate training we will do our best to place applicants in the area that they most wish to volunteer in.
- On commencement of the volunteer training programme each applicant will be asked to supply 2 references, and only when the references have been received and approved will the applicant start to volunteer with WCADA.