Volunteers are a crucial part of WCADA and without their support we could not offer the wide range of service options we do or help as many people.
In order to prepare our volunteers to work in this field we offer all new volunteers a place on our extensive volunteer training course. This 12-week course equips all volunteers with the necessary knowledge and skills to work within WCADA. Sessions are subject to change dependent on facilitator.
- Session 1 – Confidentiality
- Session 2 – Introduction to Boundaries and Ethics
- Session 3 – Equality and Diversity
- Session 4 – Harm Reduction Model
- Session 5 – Demystifying the 12 steps
- Session 6 – Street Drugs 1
- Session 7 – Street Drugs 2
- Session 8 – New Psychoactive Substances
- Session 9 – Alcohol
- Session 10 – Introduction to Safeguarding
- Session 11 – Telephone counselling skills
- Session 12 – Professional recording